Tuesday, April 20, 2010

my own french villa

Sort of.


Ok, actually it is just my guest house (which finally beat out the frat house).
I am just so very pleased with this transformation. I worked like crazy (all by myself, I might add) hauling furniture from one spot to the next until it all looked just right. I must say, it turned out even better than I had hoped. Now, I just want to sit out there all day and pretend I am vacationing in the south of France in my own private villa. Drink my coffee in the morning with an assortment of pastries, sip wine in the evening with delicious bread and cheese... It really is just magical in a way I never knew it could be. I am thinking I might have to move out there.

With my son, Al, coming home from college in a couple of weeks, there are going to have to be some new, very strict rules out there. For example, no breathing... obviously, I am only kidding. A little.

So, tell me what you think...


This table needs special recognition and an extra special thank you to Coco, who I bought it from at the flea market last month. She always has the most amazing pieces (it helps to have family in France, hand-picking it for you)! Next time you are at the Long Beach or Rose Bowl flea market, be sure to keep an eye out for Coco. You will likely go home with your new favorite piece of furniture. Her brother and his family have the same amazing style and were featured alongside our home in the wonderful book Family Spaces (you will die over all their beautiful french day beds... definitely check this book out). I just cannot get over how in love I am with this table...


And I can't help but kind of laugh at this piece...

I absolutely love the way it looks here, but the funny part is... it has been sitting in my backyard rotting for a couple of years now. I hauled it in here and am in love with it all over again. Clearly, it has been waiting in my backyard for this very spot.


And, yet another reminder of our outstanding giveaway! We will leave comments open until Friday night (April 23rd) at midnight and announce the winner that following Monday.
After all, wouldn't you love to be able to freshen up your room for spring like Sara just did with new Matteo bedding?
Good luck everyone!

5 comments:

Rosanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rosanne said...

Your guest cottage is amazing! I would love to be a guest there...and speaking of that, I am on vacation in a few weeks and looking for a place to go. Shall I arrive around noon?

You Are My Fave said...

It all looks amazing. What a cozy hiding place. I love the distressed wood.

The Willows said...

Rosanne, I am so glad you would like to come stay! Perhaps we should have a giveaway for a week at "the villa"... or, if you wanted to trade me a week at my guest house for a week in Paris, I would be more than happy to take you up on that :)

Theaterre, Thanks for all the love on the house and the table! As for the place mats, we actually ordered them for the store a couple years ago from the Paris market. Sadly, I do not have any current plans to head back to Paris, but if you really needed me to plan one... my suggestion for the time being would be to buy some ratan place mats and paint them with stencils. Could be super cute... let us know if you try it!

The Willows said...

Is it horrible how jealous I just got that you might be going to Paris in the fall? You will have to share all about it if you go...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location