Tuesday, January 18, 2011

everyone loves a remodel


What is it about following along with a remodel that is so exciting?  There is just something about seeing the before and after pictures and admiring what clever ways people chose to adapt their home for their family, even if you don't know them.  Well, the Chicago Burches (my oldest son and his wife, along with their six kids) just bought this amazing house and have a big remodel about to be underway.  They are expanding the kitchen and digging a basement and lots of other little fix-ups to make the house their own.  I would probably follow along with this remodel even if I didn't know them (I have a sickness like that), but all the more fun that I do!  So, I will probably steal little bits of their remodel from time to time to share over here for anyone that is interested.  Don't you think this house is just amazing to begin with...


They already ripped out all the carpet in the house themselves...


and look at the floor that was underneath...


Must be that new year itch for change that makes me enjoy this so much.  I get to sit back, watch and enjoy, but not actually be the one dealing with it!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I can't wait! That house is darling!

Blondie's Journal said...

I'd really love to see what they do since I am from Chicago myself! So far, so good!

XO,
Jane

bigBANG studio said...

WHOT A DARLING SPOT!
Such an inspiration...can't wait to see how it turns out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location